Friday, July 9, 2010

What's in a name?

Hakuna Matata! What a wonderful phrase
Hakuna Matata! Ain't no passing craze
I'm a sensitive soul though I seem thick-skinned
And it hurt that my friends never stood downwind
And oh, the shame {Timon: He was ashamed}
Thought of changin' my name {Timon: Oh! What's in a name?}
And I got downhearted {Timon: How did ya feel?}
That's from Hakuna Matata, the main song of Lion King. Remember?

Well yes, i thought of changin' my name! No, not MY name, just one of my alts.. Let me explain the reasoning:

1. Our server will soon (14/7) merge with another server.
2. I hate this @*($WR(*(@R* tank called Nodar.

thus...
I will create a character named Nodar on the server which
will be merged with ours (an Elyos actually, as is Nodar).

Can you imagine what will happen?

When the servers merge, there will be a name conflict (ofc). Thus both "Nodar"s will be renamed, and we will both get a name change ticket. Whoever manages to change his name back to Nodar first, wins. Guess who this will be :-)

There are evil-ier scenaria! Note a pri-existing conflict (mm tell me, is there an "Ayase"?) and use the name ticket to change your name to that. LoL. All that thanx to the brilliant elf who pointed the hole to NC's algorithm.

Let me get my plan to work.. The last days have been pretty awful, I'd better do that than commit suicide.

No comments:

Post a Comment