Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Rifting and Rescuing

Yesterday we went to Draupnir Cave. It's an awsome instance in Beluslan, available to both Asmodians and Elyos.


The Rifting Part

1. We use the Indratu rift (= no 7) to infliltrate, which ports you some distance from the instance entrance.

 

2. We avoid and dodge the mobs, which works pretty well until there are some spike lags.  
 
2. It was a matter of seconds to have my screen frozen, loose control of my toon, die miserably and dc. And you know what happens when you dc? You are revived back to your bind point - for crying out loud! 

3. So scroll to Heiron, use waterfall, run from bridge to rift (shields, heals, prays and scrolls) and ta-dam back to Beluslan. Meanwhile my friends have started on the instance - after all it's much safer *inside* Draupnir Cave for an Elyos. 

4. Running like hell (shields, heals and scrolls)(no time for prays this time), I come close to the entrance, but there is a 50 Asmodian with full Abyss 50 gear, looking at me with a sardonic smile. And lots of damage. I am lucky to have all my shielding up, still though my hp is dropping fast as I run.


 





The Rescuing Part

1. That's when you need a hero, isnt it? When you are run down, hit and about to die. 


2. Here comes my savior, running from Draupnir Cave, towards the Asmo, passing by me and taking the aggro. It's the British and dearest tank - and boy was I glad to see him! Rescued! I owe him bigtimes!!

3. The rest of the group appears, my friends, hunting down the enemy, who now flys away wounded.


Thank you!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment