Thursday, December 30, 2010

MMOs are good for you

You know that MMOs are good for you. I know it too. But how can I persuade a teenager's mom?
More often than not, I have people trying to persuade me that gaming is bad for my mental (and physical!) health. Although I have found ways to deal with these people, there will still be the argument that young gamers, ie 15-18 year olds, are in danger, "destroying themselves", in an addiction "worse than drugs". On top of that, there are pseudo-scientific articles, describing this new disease and urging parents to guard their offsprings.

Well I think that MMOs are beneficial for a teenager. And I want to spread the word. Could you help me write down the arguments in favour of gaming? Please mail me your ideas.

Some thoughts to start with (in no particular order):
  • Functioning in groups. Learn to follow, collaborate, lead, organise, talk.
  • Every-day english, including slang expressions and terms.
  • Controlled environment, no drugs or viruses - child at home.
  • Group-therapy.
  • Friends, friends, friends.
  • Multi-culture environment.
  • Gender equality.
  • Discover information on the internet.
  • Statistics and scientific methodology.
That is a really interesting subject..

 Click Pic to Enlarge. Comic by pvponline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment