Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Crowd Control please!

Tooo many mobs around! Too many players too! CC urgently needed!

And let's say we can handle the mobs. Actually this is the easy part - hack and slash, rinse, repeat, done!

But the players? How can we possibly handle all these ppl?

Oh I don't want to control anyone (well.. let's say I don't, for the argument's sake).

I don't even want to manage anyone.

I would like to.. mmm.. let's say encourage people towards the right direction, or at least what I perceive to be the right direction. Oh don't be hasty to judge. Told you, no control 1984-style - just making sure they all know the advantages of the option presented in a Brave-New-World-style.

Current problem pertains to legion members collaboration, group formation algorithm, balance. I guess you have already seen this kind of problems:
  • few chanters, few clerics
  • two groups (e.g. for DP) forming concurrently
  • person X wants to go with Y but not with Z; while Y wants to go with Z, doesn't care if K joins, but Z waits for K and L because last time L helped him and anyway she is nice. Perfect sense, no?
So.. nope. No-one went to DP. Gosh!

No comments:

Post a Comment