Thursday, May 20, 2010

And you are ..?

How do you like your in-game friends call you when you chat? Using your real life name or your game-name?

I am not comfortable with my game-name. Not this game-name at least. So I asked my friends to use my real name (when chatting at ventrilo). My newest-and-very-promising young friend (the elf!!!) keeps using the game name. I thought he did it in order to impose a distance (barrier?), especially since he has not yet disclosed his real life name.

However he told me himself, that even with his closest friend, the one they have been playing together a long time, he uses his game name. So maybe it's not a barrier thing, but just a preference..? Preference for what though? Not maintaining two identification strings for the same person? (<--- that's only for the computer geeks to understand). I dont quite get it, but at least I dont mind now.


No comments:

Post a Comment