Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Take a chance on me

It's only a week that the drop rates have dramatically increased - or so they say. It's true that there was a significant change which has yet to be liquidated in nice golden gear. 



Click Pic to Enlarge

Yesterday there were some excellent drops in Udas upper/lower but the chanter and the sorc rolled higher so no gear update so far. 

I wonder how "korean random" is translated in percentages and chances.. Being the person who has failed the miragent heart nine times (so far), I think I would rather invest in a quest-giving weapon where no percentages or chances or any of those stupid stochastic algorithms is involved. 

I am seriously considering the green Siel weapon from Talocs, which can be upgraded with ingots from udas and besh, to gold. I have already collected some ingots! 

However there is a slight problem. 
.. I am sure you can guess. 
.... The green Siel weapon has not yet dropped %-)

Click Pic to Enlarge



Yeap, I am pretty sure maths, probabilities and statistics are laughing at our puny hopes.

NCSoft developers (and genes!) are laughing too.

God does not play dice with the universe: He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who *smiles all the time*. 
-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment