Monday, October 18, 2010

Instance gets harder!

It was the first time I went into Taloc's Hollow, after the last update. It was so much harder!!

Event: The mobs started hitting faster and harder and my HP bar went lower and lower. Note however that the HP bar of my NPC tank-helper (being a cleric myself, i always get the templar to assist me) did not go down - at least not faster than usual.

Conclusion: I understood that NcSoft did some serious changes during this update and made the instance harder to complete. I called my friends, asked about their experience (they have not been in there yet, after the patch), and told them to be really really careful when they do go in.

Analysis: The HP bar of my char did go low - that can be explained by the harder hits the mob did. However how did I manage to get the bar up again? At the time, I didn't think about it - I just assumed that being a cleric has its advantages. Like healing yourself.



Waiiiiiit: Something is wrong. Well yes, heal yourself. But that much?! Bear in mind that the tree has 95.000 hp, how could I possibly heal 45.000 hp (half the tree's life) with one skill cast? Probably I could not.

Epiphany: I am not a tree. More specifically, I forgot to transform to a tree! How stupid can I be?! I have done two of the instance bosses without having transformed. O.M.G. Talk about forgetfulness! That is why it was so hard.

"To be natural is such a very difficult pose to keep up",

Oscar Wilde says. On the plus side, for the interested reader, the item-skills (AoE and Nuke) do work fine, even like that.


So.. remember.. Do not be yourself. It is a major mistake. Make sure you change to the adequate form each time, in order to handle each situation appropriately.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, we think the same way. :)

    Yea, don't be yourself. I actually blogged about it. It's a bit serious though. Here's the link: http://hindiakoto.wordpress.com/2010/10/19/dont-be-yourself/

    ReplyDelete